Oral Health Icebreaker Quiz
Our "icebreaker" quizzes are an easy, fun and interactive way to raise awareness of oral health topics during meetings and conferences. Target audiences include:
- Parent and teacher groups
- Medical and chronic disease professionals
- Home visiting, WIC and Head Start program staff
- Anyone interested in oral health!
3. Icebreaker Quiz for Health Professionals (Questions / Answers) focused on the connection between oral health and overall health. Questions include the relationship between oral health and smoking, cardiovascular health and diabetes.
- Simply download the PDFs and hand them out. If you have Audience Response System software & ‘clickers’, you can display the questions on a projection screen. Attendees can use ‘clickers’ to respond privately and produce live results. Their answers can help drive discussion.
- Customize the quiz by eliminating some questions. (All provided questions are evidence-based and include source references.)
- Give participants a specific amount of time to complete the quiz (as little 2 minutes, depending on the number of questions).
- Display the answer key on a slide.
- Remember that the purpose of the quiz is to get people engaged in the quiz topic. Select 2-3 questions for a short audience discussion following the quiz. Pick questions that reinforce the learning objectives of the larger meeting.
Please notify Shanté Alerté at CDHP (firstname.lastname@example.org) when you present a quiz, as we keep a usage log. Quizzes have been tested in several settings, but we always welcome suggestions and feedback.
To download a PDF of this guide, click here.
This quiz was developed by the Children's Dental Health Project through CDC Cooperative Agreement Number 5U58DP002285-04. Our thanks to State Oral Health Programs in Maryland, Michigan, North Dakota and Rhode Island, and the Hershel S. Horowitz Center for Health Literacy, University of Maryland, for content review.
More From CDHP
Latest Blog Posts
Read our blogClick here ›