The following position is open at CDHP:
Research Policy Fellow
Under the general direction of the Director of Policy, the Research Policy Fellow leads strategic research and development of a new family oral health initiative at CDHP. General responsibilities include identifying, supporting, and communicating key research regarding the linkage between children’s oral health and their parent/caregiver’s health and economic status. The ideal candidate will be highly skilled in the development of strategic research questions and statistical analysis. This is a DC-based fellowship and we are accepting both full-time and part-time candidates for this role.
NATURE OF WORK
This is a highly skilled position responsible for leading the exploration of the feasibility of a permanent family oral health initiative at CDHP. The Research Policy Fellow is a leader with appropriate experience who is creative, positive, energetic, and forward thinking. The Research Policy Fellow works under the direction of the Director of Policy, and closely with other senior management, CDHP staff, external partners and consultants. The individual in this position customarily and regularly exercises discretionary authority and independent judgment to advance the goals of CDHP and the goals identified for the family oral health initiative.
WORK DUTIES MAY INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Research and Analysis
- Design, direct and supervise research, analysis, and reporting on major initiatives, policies, and strategies to improve the oral health of families;
- Convene experts and researchers in oral health, health services research, economics, and other social sciences as necessary to identify potential avenues for policy research in this area;
- Identify and write issue briefs, blog posts and other types of resources that most efficiently and effectively promote results of research and/or data, policy analysis, and recommendations for action;
- Analyze trends occurring at the state and federal level that directly or indirectly support or have the potential to support the oral health of children and families;
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with a wide range of organizations and partners to advance mutual interests; and
- Identify opportunities to support and integrate policy/issue research and analysis activities across CDHP activities.
Policy, Program and Systems Development
- Develop priorities, strategies, research, analysis and implementation efforts focused on a family-centered approach to improving the oral health of children and parents/caregivers;
- Develop strong working relationships with a wide range of organizations and agencies at the national, state and federal level; and
- Identify opportunities to support and integrate policy, program, and systems development activities across CDHP activities.
Other CDHP Responsibilities
Other duties as assigned. Possible projects include assisting the Executive Director in development and/or identification of additional resources and other duties to advance the organization’s mission.
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree in economics, health policy, public health, or other related field and at least five (5) years full-time relevant work experience
- Experience working in health services research or related research field preferred
- Knowledge of social science and economic research methods
- Knowledge of health issues at the local, state and/or federal level
- Knowledge of social determinants of health
- Proficient in qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to anticipate and troubleshoot challenges and identify proactive solutions/options
- Ability to make independent decisions with little oversight
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with diverse groups, including interacting effectively with coworkers, members, funders, partners, vendors, etc.
- Excellent ability to establish and maintain credibility with a variety of external partners
- Ability to adapt to and assist with significant organizational change
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Full accountability for all work responsibilities and outcomes
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent skills in identifying and leading solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient skills in statistical analysis software (e.g. SPSS, STATA, R)
- Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office
- Detail orientation; high degree of accuracy in all aspects of work
The salary range for this position is $70,000 – $85,000. Compensation packages offered will be commensurate with experience and time commitment. Relocation and/or commuting costs will not be reimbursed.
EOE: CDHP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
HOW TO APPLY
Please email all of the following required application materials in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org with “2017 Fellow” in the subject line:
2. Cover letter summarizing your interest in and potential contribution to CDHP, as well as indicating your desired salary and work schedule (full-time or part-time).
3. At least two (2) writing samples of any research briefs, abstracts, issue briefs, articles, web content, reports, or similar material you drafted, focusing on content that is relevant to this position
4. Three professional references
APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 24, 2017
More From CDHP
Latest Blog Posts
Read our blogClick here ›